Thursday, September 17, 2009

Landed!

Hola chicos!

I have officially become a gringa...landed safely in Guatemala city, made it to the hostel with the rest of our group and am now taking a break from hanging out on the rooftop patio drinking cervezas (with our professors. This is going to be a good semester).

Flights were smooth- we had a short layover in Dallas and it´s true, everything is bigger in Texas. I had a salad the size of my head (complete with BBQ sauce IN the salad and deep fried tortilla bits...bye bye arterial blood flow...) that was served by a waitress with hair the size of Texas, on a giant indoor `patio´ inside the airport. We also discovered a shop that sold lollipops with real scorpions in the middle...needless to say I did not partake...but overall Texas was hilarious.

We are taking a bus to Xela tomorrow and I am excited to get a sense of the country- right now all I have seen is customs and the inside of the shuttle to the hostel. My Spanish is clearly lacking- we were waiting for our luggage and trying to converse in Spanish and a local was chuckling in the corner at our attempts...ohhhh dear....alll in due time I suppose....

Anyways, that´s all for now folks...will update when I get to Xela!

Much love xoxo

1 comment:

  1. ohhhh dear...spanish is lacking????
    great post...i love you tons.
    love mommy

    ReplyDelete